Johannes Vermeerstraat 23
1071 DK Amsterdam
Endeit Capital is looking for a full-time venture analyst, based in Hamburg
Endeit Capital is a top European VC scale-up investor focusing on internet, mobile and software companies. We are looking for a tech-enthusiastic analyst to join the German investment team, based in Hamburg.
Endeit Capital, with offices in Amsterdam and Hamburg, has been founded by Endemol Execs in 2006. With € 275M under management the team is mainly focusing on growth rounds (predominately Series B) in DACH and BENELUX. The company typically invests €5-12M per company and often acts as a lead investor in syndicates with prime VCs.
Endeit Capital’s team has a strong operative background in scaling and exiting companies, executing 100+ transactions in over 30 countries – 30 buy&build deals, 30 exits including 3 IPOs and a current portfolio of 10 companies.
What makes Endeit Capital a highly desired place to work?
• Excellent team: The team currently consists of 5 partners, 1 investment manager and 2 associates and is looking to add 1 experienced analyst to the German team in Hamburg. As an analyst you will work very closely with the partners responsible for Germany as well as the partners in The Netherlands with an unparalleled track record of success. You can expect a significantly steep learning curve.
• International focus: Although you will focus primarily on Germany, the high growth companies will internationalize further and most likely have an international exit/buyer.
• Entrepreneurial. Your targets are entrepreneurs, your team are entrepreneurs and the investors are a group of 25 successful entrepreneurs. Endeit eats, sleeps and breathes entrepreneurship.
• Good Deal Flow: You will look at a great deal of opportunities, approximately 400 deals a year
In the role of analyst your primary focus will be to evaluate investment opportunities and contribute to due diligence processes/deal execution with a strong focus on financial modeling and market research. At the same time you will have direct exposure/support to portfolio management activities and other aspects of the investment cycle.
Dealflow and execution
• Deal origination (e.g. market and company research, networking)
• Manage and track potential new investments proactively.
• Evaluation of investment proposals (e.g. financial modelling, valuation, structuring, commercial due diligence). Being able to assess the business case behind the proposal is very important!
• Manage deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, fiscal, technical)
• Support in deal negotiations and arrangement of financing (capital calls etc)
• Portfolio management (e.g. financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy development, buy-and- build activities)
• Preparation and execution of further add-ons and exits
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
Desired skills and experiences
• At minimum Bachelor studies or equivalent within Business or Technology
• 1-4 years of work experience in Venture Capital, a Tech Start-up, Private equity or Corporate Finance/Advisory or Strategy Consulting
• Analytical skills – proficient in Excel or Google Sheets, ability to quickly evaluate financials/P&L, build forecasting models with various scenarios, identify and analyse KPIs, etc
• Strong PowerPoint skills and ability to build crisp storylines (e.g. teasers, investment memoranda)
• Research skills – analyse industries and identify trends as well as find and evaluate the competitive landscape of a potential target
• Self (fire-)starters — be able to run on your own, identify opportunities and prioritise without much guidance
• Fluent in German and English
• The position begins September 2019
• To apply please submit your application (CV & cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with us by submitting your plan or by contacting one of our team members directly.